Heruka: Nyingma Outline Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Description (below)
- Heruka (Nyingma)
- Heruka: Nyingma Outline Page
- Eight Vidhyadara
- Yangdag (vajras & skullcups)
Eight Pronouncement Heruka:
1. Yamari (Manjushri Krodha) - body - Manjushrimitra.
2. Hayagriva - speech - Nagarjuna.
3. Samputa - mind - Humkara.
4. Vajramrita - quality - Vimalamitra.
5. Vajrakila - activity - Padmasambhava.
6. Mamo Botong (Matarah) - Dhanasamskrita.
7. Jigten Choto (Lokastotrapuja) - Rambuguhya.
8. Mopa Dranag (Vajramantrabhiru) - Shantigarbha.
[9. Mahottara Heruka (21 Faces) and Chemchog Heruka (3 Faces)]
- Eight Heruka Painting Set (Modern)
- Eight Heruka Painting Set
- Eight Heruka Drawing Set
- Eight Heruka (Lhasa)
- Initiation Cards
- Initiation Cards (Drubtob Kagye)
The deity names Chemchog and Yangdag are sometimes used interchangeably although the attributes are not always the same. The term Chemchog is a translation of Mahottara who appears with several different forms ranging in complexity: 3 Faces and 21 Faces.
Database Search: All images generally catalogued as Nyingma Heruka
Jeff Watt 6-2003 [updated 5-2017]