Bonhams London (Teachers) | Eleven Figurative Forms | Bonhams London (Painting. Spring, 2017)
Of the fifteen compositions below, eleven belong to larger painting sets and only four of the compositions below were created as a single stand alone object.
The Arhat composition (HAR #2161) and the Padmasambhava (#2197) belong to the category of Iconic or mythological teachers while the remaining compositions are all of historical individuals that should be well documented in history.
The sets are:
- Shakyamuni Buddha and Arhat set: HAR #2161
- Dalai Lama Incarnation set (1): #2163, 2173
- Dalai Lama Incarnation set (2): #2223, 2224
- Tsongkapa Life Story set: #2164
- Panchen Lama Incarnation set: #2180, 2181, 2182
- Ngagwang Zangpo set: #2203, 2204
Stand alone paintings: Tsongkapa HAR #2179, Tsongkapa 2191, Padmasambhava 2197, Unidentified 2216.
Jeff Watt 3-2017