Kurukulla (Types & Forms) | Kurukulla Main Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Compendiums Containing Kurukulla
- Sarma Tradition Kurukulla
- Kurukulla-like Forms
- Nyingma 'Revealed Treasure' Forms of Kurukulla
Compendiums of Kurukulla Iconography:
- Bari Gyatsa
- Patsab Gyatsa
The One Hundred Methods of Accomplishment of Bari Lotsawa Rinchen Drag
52. Kalpoktam Kurukulla
54. Oddiyana Vinirgata Kurukulla
Kurukulla, [with] a body white/red in colour, [having] one face and four hands. The first two [hands] hold an utpala bow and arrow, drawn near to the ear. The lower right is in the gesture of bestowing fearlessness. The lower left holds a hook. Adorned with jewel ornaments and wearing upper and lower garments of red silk. Seated in the vajrasana [posture] above the Small Desire Realm gods and goddesses.
 Kalpoktam Kurukulla.
Kurukulla with a body red in colour, one face and four hands. The first two hold a drawn bow and arrow, the lower right, the gesture of fearlessness, the lower left, a red utpala [flower]. Wearing jewel ornaments and garments of red silk. Issuing forth red rays of light. Standing in the cave of Kurukulla, in a half asana posture with the left leg extended, above the head of Rahula dwelling together with the Lesser Gods of Desire.
 Kurukulle: the Goddess Kurukulla Arisen from Tara.
[Taken] from the other [meditations] above. The first two hands [hold] an utpala bow and arrow. The lower right [the gesture of] supreme generosity. [The lower left an utpala.]
 Oddiyana Vinirgata Kurukulla.
Kurukulla with a body red in colour, one face and four hands. The first two hold an utpala bow and arrow. The lower right, a red utpala acting as a hook. The lower left, a red utpala with a blood filled skullcup above. Having three eyes and bared fangs. Brown hair bristling upwards. Having a crown of dry human skulls and a necklace of fifty fresh. Adorned with bone ornaments [and] wearing a lower garment of tiger skin. Standing with the left leg extended in a half posture - dancing manner.
The Ocean of Methods (Sadhanamala, Drub Thab Gyatso) (9th Je Khenpo Shakya Rinchen edited text)
89. Kurukulla (1), Red with One Face and Four Hands
90. Kurukulla (2), Red with One Face and Four Hands
91. Kurukulla (3), Red with One Face and Six Hands
92. Kurukulla (4), Red with One Face and Eight Hands
93. Kurukulla (5), White with One Face and Two Hands
94. Kurukulla (6), White with One Face and Six Hands
Sadhanamala (Sanskrit Edited Version):
-  Tarobhava Kurukulla (Kalpoktam)
-  Tarobhava Kurukulla Sadhanam (Muktakena)
-  Kurukulla Shadbhuja (six hands)
-  Ashtabhuja Kurukulla (Indrabhuti, eight hands)
-  Bhramariyoga Kurukulla Sadhanam
-  Kurukulla Upadesha
-  Kurukulla Sadhanam
-  Arya Shrimati Kurukulla Sadhanam
-  Uddiyana Vinirgata Kurukulla
-  Shrulka Kurukulla Sadhanam
-  Kurukulla Sadhanam, Acharya Shri Krishna Padanam Mayajala Mahayoga Tantra
-  Kurukulla Shadbhuja Bhattarika Sadhanam
-  Kurukulla, Sahaja Vilasya Hevajra Tantra
-  Samskipta Kurukulla
-  Sita Kurukulla
-  Hevajra Krama Kurukulla
-  Kurukulla Sadhanam Karunachalashya Hevajra Tantra
-  Kurukulla Sadhanam
-  Karmaprasar Prayog
-  Kurukulla Balividhi
Jeff Watt 8-2005 [updated 9-2014, 3-2018]