Backs of Paintings Main Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Description (below)
- Single Print
- Pair of Prints
- Multiple Prints or Pairs of Prints
- Footprints & Handprints Main Page
- Handprints & Footprints: Part 1
- Handprints & Footprints: Part 2
- Drogdze Wangmo HAR 65925
- Shingkyong Ragyal HAR 712
1. Inscriptions | 2. Stupa Drawing | 3. Hand Prints | 4. Mandalas | 5. Miscellaneous
Impressions from life, of hand prints of famous Buddhist teachers, predominantly Kagyu, Gelug and Nyingma placed on the backs of paintings. The prints do not belong to the artist but rather to a religious teacher who was requested to bless the painting after completion. Click on an image below to view the source page and see the front main subject of the painting.
Jeff Watt 4-2013
(The images below are only a selection of examples).