Appropriation, Conflation & Abstraction
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Description (below)
- Conflation & Himalayan Art
- Appropriation, Conflation & Abstraction
If you don’t know conflations,
Then you don’t know general subjects.
There are two main types of conflation. The first is related to deities and the second is related to persons and specifically people that are regarded as a re-incarnated teacher 'trulku' or an emanation of a teacher, Buddha, or deity.
- Female Deities (Tara, Prajnaparamita, Vajrayogini)
- Male Deities (Avalokiteshvara, Mahakala)
- Vajrabhairava, Guhyasamaja, Chakrasamvara (Gelug)
- Incarnation Lineages
--- Karmapa, Dalai Lama, Sachen Kunga Nyingpo
--- Situ, Maitreya, Marpa, Jonang Taranata
Jeff Watt 1-2023
(The images below are only a selection of examples from the links above).