|Date Range||1800 - 1899|
|Lineages||Gelug and Buddhist|
Ngagwang Lobzang Gyatso (1617-1682), 5th Dalai Lama: as the centerpiece of a seven painting set depicting the previous incarnations of Dalai Lamas along with the post 5th Dalai Lama incarnations up to and including the 9th Dalai Lama. It is most probable based on the last Dalai Lama depicted that the paintings were done between 1810 and 1823 prior to the official selection and enthronement of the 10th Dalai Lama. (See a page of detail images).
Directly above the central figure of the 5th Dalai Lama is Avalokteshvara painted bright gold. At the top seated on clouds are the 6th through 9th Dalai Lamas.
1. Ngagwang Lobzang Gyatso, 5th Dalai lama (1617-1682)
3. Tsangyang Gyatso, 6th Dalai Lama (1683-1706/1746)
4. Kalsang Gyatso, 7th Dalai Lama (1708-1757)
5. Jampal Gyatso, 8th Dalai Lama (1758-1804)
6. Lungtog Gyatso, 9th Dalai Lama (1805-1815)
Jeff Watt 1-2010