|Date Range||1900 - 1959|
|Lineages||Sakya, Ngor (Sakya) and Buddhist|
|Material||Ground Mineral Pigment on Cotton|
|Collection||Tibet House, New York|
Jampa Palden took office as abbot in 1899. According to the Dege Chojung he was the 60th abbot and according to TBRC he was the 61st. Jampa Palden had two principal teachers, the 57th and 58th Ngor Khenchens: Palden Lodro Dragpa and Thartse Jamyang Rinchen Dorje (dpal ldan blo gros grags pa, thar rtse 'jam dbyangs rin chen rdo rje).
At the top center is an unidentified Zimog Tulku of Nalendra Monastery, but he must certainly be either the 4th or 5th in the line of incarnations. The Zimog line of incarnate teachers are one of the two houses (labrang) that govern Nalendra Monastery. The other house is the Chogye Labrang.
Line of Zimwog Incarnations:
1. Shabdrung Ngagwang Norbu (zhabs drung Ngag dbang nor bu)
2. Champa Ngagwang Sanggye Tenzin (byams pa Ngag dbang sangs rgyas bstan 'dzin)
3. Champa Ngagwang Tendzin Thrinle (1744-1798) (ngag dbang bstan 'dzin phrin las)
4. Champa Ngagwang Tendzin Nyendrag (1799-1884) (byams pa Ngag dbang bstan 'dzin snyan grags)
5. Champa Ngagwang Kun dga' Tenzin Thrinle (1884-1963) (byams pa Ngag dbang kun dga' bstan 'dzin phrin las)
6. Ngagwang Tenzin Norbu (born 1964 in India) (ngag dbang bstan 'dzin nor bu)
At the upper left corner is the wrathful wealth deity Sita Shadbhuja White Mahakala with one face and six hands. At the right is the meditational deity Vajrayogini, red, with one face and two hands. At the bottom center is Dorje Yudronma with a red Pehar riding an elephant on the left side and Dorje Legpa riding a goat on the right side. All three figures at the bottom of the composition are worldly protectors.
Jeff Watt 2-2000 [update 1-2012]
Reverse of Painting
Special Features: (includes "Om Ah Hum" inscription)