Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Prajnaparamita Definition (below)
- Prajnaparamita Outline Page
- Prajnaparamita in a Single Letter (Sutra)
- Prajnaparamita, White (Vajrapanjara Tantra)
- Prajnaparamita (Chaturpita and Samputa Tantras)
- Prajnaparamita, Yellow #1
- Prajnaparamita, Yellow #2
- Prajnaparamita, Yellow, Four Armed
- Prajnaparamita #3
- Prajnaparamita & Medicine Buddha Mandalas
- Prajnaparamita Bookcovers
- 'A' Letter (Buddhist)
- Confusions: Chaturbhuja Lokeshvara
Four Forms from the Bari Gyatsa:
Prajnaparamita, white [with] one face. The two hands are performing the Dharma teaching gesture, and held from the palms and extending out are a white lotus to the right and a red to the left, and above each a Prajnaparamita book. [Having] the hair tied with some falling loosely. [Having] the same ornaments, garments and sitting posture [as previous female figures].
Prajnaparamita, white [with] one face. The two hands hold two lotuses and [two] Prajnaparamita books above them. [Having] the same ornaments, garments and [buddha] family. Seated in the vajrasattva asana [posture].
Prajnaparamita, yellow, with one face. The two hands are performing the Dharma teaching gesture. The left [hand] holds a blue lotus, and a [Prajna] paramita book above it. [Having] the same ornaments and garments and [buddha] family. Seated in the vajrasana [posture].
[Having] two hands, each holding an utpala with [two Prajna] paramita books above.
Database Search: All Images | Painting | Sculpture
Jeff Watt [updated 8-2013, 5-2017, 1-2020]