Lha Chenpo Main Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Religious Context
- Lha Chenpo: History, Narrative & Myth
- Red (Powerful Activities)
- Ithyphallic Art Page
- Nyingma Main Page
- Shiva Main Page
- Avalokiteshvara: Related Deities
- Mindrolling Tradition
Forms of Shiva in Buddhist Tantra:
- Located under the feet of many Buddhist deities
- Located in the outer entourage of many deity mandalas
- As an emanation of Shrishtikantha Lokeshvara
- Depicted as the progenitor of the Svarodaya
Maha Deva (Tibetan: lha chen po, English: Great God): also known as Shiva - emanation of Avalokiteshvara.
"To the discerning pristine awareness body of all conquerors,
Emanation body of compassion of the powerful Avalokiteshvara,
Benevolent Lord of the World:
Mahadeva together with consort, Uma, I pay homage."
(Nyingma liturgical verse).
Database Search: All Images
Jeff Watt 5-2004 [updated 5-2017, 10-2019, 2-2020]