Teacher Sculpture Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Middle Period Sculpture Description (below)
- Inscribed Works
- Tsang Atelier, Tibet, Sonam Gyaltsen (Gilded)
- Tsang Atelier, 15th-17th century (Un-gilded)
- Karma Garlug Sculpture Style
- Monastic Appearance
- Monastic Shirt Square Edges
- Portrait Sculpture Main Page
- Sculpture & Painting Comparison
Middle period sculpture is referring to the early 15th and 16th centuries and the rise of the three dominant Tibetan sculpture styles of the time, Sonam Gyaltsen atelier, Tsang atelier and the Karma Garlug. There is an overlap during the 15th century with the early to mid 1400 demise of the Densatil sculpture style.
Early Period 11th-14th | Middle Period 15th-16th | Late Period 17th-present
Jeff Watt 10-2019
(The images below are only a selection of examples from the links above).