Green Tara Iconography
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Description (below)
- Green Tara Seventeen Deity Mandala (Surya Gupta)
- Samaya Tara Yogini with Eight Arms (Atisha)
- Four Faces, Eight Arms: HAR #77196, 7180 (Kadam)
- Four Faces, Eight Arms (Rinjung Gyatsa)
- Chittamani Tara (Gelug 'Pure Vision' Tradition)
Video: Tara in Highest Yoga Tantra (HAR on Patreon)
These forms of Tara listed above are green in colour and all but one belong to the highest level of Tantra - anuttarayoga. The yellow Vajra Tara also belongs to the highest category of tantra and together with the other forms listed here comprise the majority of Tara practices that have both generation and perfection stage practices. These forms of Tara are derived from the Sarma tradition only.
Jeff Watt 12-2021
(The images below are only a selection of examples from the links above).