Eight Siddhas | Systems of Mahasiddhas
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Eight Siddhas Description (below)
- Early Systems (India & Nepal)
- Eight Siddha System Outline
- Eight Siddhas in a Single Painting
- Eight Siddhas (Situ Design)
- Eight Siddha Variations
- List of Lineage Teachers
List of Siddhas - Early Kagyu Tradition:
- Dombi Heruka
Compositions designed by Situ Panchen:
- Eight Adepts: one painting.
- Eight Adepts: one adept per painting (comprising a set of nine paintings).
- Eight Adepts: three adepts per painting (comprising a set of three paintings).
There are different groupings of the Eight Great Adepts that have been depicted in art over the last 1000 years. The earliest are found on metal Lotus Mandalas. Situ Panchen Chokyi Jungne in the 18th century designed his own compositions illustrating his selection of the eight siddhas. The Eight Siddhas as minor figures in early artworks: Eight Siddhas (misc.)
Jeff Watt [updated 5-2018, 4-2019]